Accounts Payable Coordinator
For over 25 years, TERRA Greenhouses has been Southern Ontario’s favourite independent retailer for everything garden and beyond. We are recognized as a leader in innovative merchandising and retailing of products and services that are designed for today’s styles and lifestyles. We foster a work environment that is inspirational and empowering and are constantly searching for people to cultivate and grow.
As a member of our finance team, you will be responsible for all accounts payable functions, as well as the opportunity to get involved in other projects and initiatives within the company. This is a three day a week position located out of our Waterdown head office.
- Effectively manage workflow to ensure all payables transactions are entered and processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Sort, code, and match invoices with supporting documentation.
- Obtain appropriate authorizations where needed and work closely with internal team members to ensure proper compliance with the payment process.
- Coordinate with vendors to investigate and reconcile invoices or payments as required.
- Monthly reconciliation with statements.
- Prepare and distribute cheque runs.
- Provide cross-functional support to the finance and administration team as needed.
- Other special projects and ad hoc requests as assigned.
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience in a high volume environment or 3+ years of accounts payable experience with a post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting, business, or related field.
- Experience with ACCPAC.
- Sound MS Office user.
- Proven record of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work activities within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members, outside contacts and vendors.
Why is Terra a great place to work?
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents with employer-paid premiums.
- Variety of perks and Employee Discount Program.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.