Greenhouse Assistant Department Manager
Looking to build a career in retail? Reporting into the Department Manager, you will be responsible exemplifying our high standards of customer service, executing day to day operations in the Greenhouse department, and supervising a team of up to 25 employees. Gain leadership experience in a supportive environment.
- Ensuring sales opportunities are maximized and that customers receive excellent service and quality goods.
- Building and maintaining longstanding customer relationships.
- Supporting the Department Manager in ensuring smooth operation of the Greenhouse department, including but not limited to: receiving and merchandising live product, allocating resources, maintaining communication within the organization, and ensuring customer needs are met.
- Supporting training in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet all of our customer needs.
- Fostering a positive and energetic atmosphere in the department, with peers, supervisors, and towards all aspects of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, other attributes:
- Customer service and sales focus in fast paced/high volume setting; ability to meet the needs of several customers at once.
- Capacity to stand and walk for long periods on concrete floors.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, reach above shoulder height and below waist level, crouching, kneeling, bending, and comfort learning and using equipment as needed.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Working knowledge/education of plant health is an asset.
- Approachability, sincerity, and excellent listening skills.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the learning curve.
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents. Employer paid premiums.
- Guaranteed full time hours with seasonal flexibility so you can balance your work and non-work lives.
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Individualize training and development programs.
- Positive, fun, and creative work environment and community.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.