Assistant Department Manager, Receiving
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for those who love retail and are looking for a full time, permanent position with benefits. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Department Manager of Receiving with warehousing and customer service activities at our Waterdown retail location. This position plays a major role in the smooth and seamless operation of our stores and includes working with live product as well as hard goods, working indoors and outdoors, assisting in the management of certain product categories and working directly in sales and customer service.
- Ensuring sales opportunities are maximized and that customers receive excellent service and quality goods.
- Remaining focused on TERRA’s goal of providing our guests with an inspiring and rewarding shopping experience and serving as a role model for how to accomplish this.
- Building and maintaining longstanding customer relationships.
- Fostering a positive and energetic atmosphere in the department, with peers, supervisors, and towards all aspects of the position.
- Assisting with the training of team members in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet all of our customer needs and inquiries.
- Performing all tasks according to best health and safety practices while ensuring others do the same.
Successful TERRA team members possess:
- Sales and customer-service focus in fast paced/high volume setting; ability to meet the needs of several customers at once.
- Excellent communication with all organizational levels.
- Exceptional organizational skills, understanding that success is in the details; ability to effectively plan physical space and time.
- Approachability, sincerity, and excellent listening skills.
- Curiousity and a desire for continuous learning.
- Diligence regarding workplace Health and Safety.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the learning curve.
- Capacity to stand and walk for long periods, lift up to 50lbs, reach above shoulder height and below waist level, and comfort learning and using equipment as needed.
- Full Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence and forklift experience an asset.
- Competitive, employer paid premium benefits program for you and your eligible dependents, including an Employee Assistance Program.
- Guaranteed full time hours with seasonal flexibility so you can balance your work and non-work lives.
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Individualize training and development programs.
- Positive, fun, and creative work environment and community.
TERRA Greenhouses is Southern Ontario’s favourite retailer for everything garden and beyond. We are recognized as a leader in innovative merchandising and retailing of products and services that are designed for today’s styles and lifestyles. We foster a work environment that is inspirational and empowering and are constantly searching for people who can continue to cultivate and enhance this environment.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org