Nursery Department Manager
Nothing screams Fresh quite like locally grown product. At TERRA, bringing you the freshest plant material in a comfortable and inspiring shopping environment is the heart and soul of our business. We are currently recruiting fora Department Manager for our Nursery department in our Hamilton store. The ideal candidate will have some supervisory experience in a high-volume retail environment. When you come on board, we will be working towards mastery of the following items:
- Monitoring sales activities to ensure sales opportunities are maximized and that customers receive excellent service and quality goods; ensuring your team is aligned in this goal.
- Managing perishable product quality and flow by anticipating need, ordering and managing products accordingly, monitoring quality and actioning maintenance measures where needed.
- Building and maintaining longstanding customer relationships, both internally and externally.
- Interviewing, training, supervising, and developing employees.
- Ensuring smooth operation of the department, including but not limited to: receiving and merchandising live product, allocating resources, maintaining communication within the organization, and ensuring customer needs are met.
- Supporting training in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet all of our customer needs and inquiries; ensuring team members have beginner knowledge of products and services offered in other departments.
- Fostering a positive and energetic atmosphere in the department, with peers, supervisors, and towards all aspects of the position.
- Customer service and sales focus in fast paced/high volume setting; ability to meet the needs of several customers at once.
- This is a very physically demanding role. Candidates must have:
- Capacity to stand and walk for long periods on concrete floors.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs, work above shoulder height and below waist level for extended periods, crouching, kneeling, bending, and comfort learning and using equipment as needed.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Exceptional organizational skills, understanding that success is in the details; ability to effectively plan physical space, time, and labour.
- Working knowledge/education of plant health is an asset.
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents. Employer paid premiums.
- Guaranteed full time hours with seasonal flexibility so you can balance your work and non-work lives.
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Individualize training and development programs.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.