Receiving Department Manager
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a retail professional who is looking to play a major role in key aspects of our company. Yes, the successful candidate will be responsible for Receiving Department at our Vaughan location. This is not your ordinary receiving job – you have the opportunity to work with live product as well as hard goods, work indoors and outdoors, manage certain product categories and work directly in sales, and participate in the management of our unique and innovative facilities. We are looking for a team player who values team members and has pride in what they do. Help us continue to be one of Southern Ontario’s best places to work.
As the Department Manager you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring sales activities to ensure sales opportunities are maximized and that customers receive excellent service and quality goods; ensuring your team is aligned in this goal.
- Providing excellent internal and external customer service and serving as a role model to other team members.
- Building and maintaining longstanding customer relationships.
- Performing all tasks according to best health and safety practices while ensuring others do the same.
- Interviewing, training, supervising, and developing employees.
- Fostering a positive and energetic atmosphere in the department, with peers, supervisors, and towards all aspects of the position.
- Ensuring team members are trained in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet all of our customer needs and inquiries; ensuring team members have beginner knowledge of products and services offered in other departments.
- Managing product flow by anticipating need, ordering products accordingly, and managing stock.
Successful candidates possess:
- Sales and customer-service focus in fast paced/high volume setting; ability to meet the needs of several customers at once.
- Proven supervising experience in a customer focused environment.
- Excellent communication with all organizational levels.
- Exceptional organizational skills, understanding that success is in the details; ability to effectively plan physical space, time, and labour.
- A solution oriented leadership approach, motivating team members to build and grow the ultimate retail shopping experience.
- Approachability, sincerity, and excellent listening skills.
- Curiousity and a desire for continuous learning.
- Diligence regarding workplace Health and Safety.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the learning curve.
- Capacity to stand and walk for long periods, lift up to 50lbs, reach above shoulder height and below waist level, and comfort learning and using equipment as needed.
- Full Class ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s Licence and forklift experience.
- Competitive benefits program for you and your eligible dependents.
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Individualize training and development programs.
- Positive, fun, and creative work environment and community.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-689-8665 x285.