Fashion and Decor Buyer (Maternity Leave)
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a qualified buyer who is looking to play a major role in our company. Yes, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the Fashion and Décor categories of our business during this 12 month maternity leave contract. We are looking for an entrepreneurial spirit with a sound business sense. If you are someone who enjoys working on a multidisciplinary team, embraces change, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, apply today!
TERRA Greenhouses is Southern Ontario’s favourite retailer for everything garden and beyond. We are recognized as a world leader in innovative merchandising and retailing of products and services that are designed for today’s styles and lifestyles. We foster a work environment that is inspirational and empowering and are constantly searching for people who can continue to cultivate and enhance this environment.
- Maintain and develop seasonal and annual business plans, including buying, pricing and advertising strategies.
- Analyze markets, develop product assortment plans and determine markup and markdown strategy.
- Seek new opportunities to expand and grow categories.
- Negotiate vendor agreements including: discounts, payments and freight terms, volume rebates, brand development, marketing contributions and extra project funds.
- Purchase product, prepare and track purchase orders, manage order logistics and resolve shipping issues.
- Manage inventory and sell through by class including: analysis of sales, inventory and receipts.
- Seek opportunity buys.
- Communicate regularly (daily/weekly) with all facets of the organization regarding merchandise, inventory levels and logistics.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with suppliers, freight and brokerage companies as well as internal staff.
- 3+ years of retail purchasing experience.
- Current knowledge of competitive marketplace, proven track record of both international and domestic product sourcing.
- Strong negotiation skills working as part of a diverse team.
- Working knowledge of supply chain, marketing, store operations, and financial literacy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a rapport builder.
- University degree or Business Diploma in a related field an asset.
- Advanced level Microsoft excel skills required.
- Sound MS Office user.
- International travel required up to 20% of time.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com