Seasonal General Labour
Nothing screams Fresh quite like locally grown product. TERRA is a contemporary garden centre and lifestyle retailer pleased to bring you the freshest plant material straight from our own eco-friendly production facilities right in here in Southern Ontario. If you want to be a part of the local-vore movement, this is the job for you!
TERRA has openings in our progressive and innovative five-acre production facility, helping to prepare for a busy and colourful Spring season. As a member of our fast-paced and hard-working production team you will be tending to crops, assisting with watering, planting, pruning, and spacing. You will be expected to demonstrate energy and drive along with the highest quality standards for our product. We work fast and hard to meet tight deadlines – we do it as a team and we do with a positive attitude.
You must be able to meet physical requirements, which include standing for extended periods, performing repetitive hand movements, reaching, bending, crouching, kneeling and lifting up to 30 lbs. The ability to distinguish colour is also imperative.
Our facility is open 7 days a week in peak season so you will be required to be available to work weekends and holidays.
What you bring to the TERRA team:
- A passion for our product
- Internal gratification from working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment where the end product brings joy to our customers
- Desire for continuous improvement
- An eye for detail
- An excellent communication style with all organizational levels
- Physically capable of working in/outdoors in all weather conditions year round and with live plant material
- Energy, enthusiasm, and drive
- Individualized and comprehensive training
- Growth opportunities in career development
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program
- Fun, friendly, and positive work environment
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources email@example.com or 905-689-8665 x285.