Would you look good in purple?
TERRA is one of Southern Ontario’s premier destinations for everything for the garden and beyond. We are recognized as a leader in innovative merchandising and retailing of products and services that are designed for today’s styles and lifestyles. We foster a work environment that is inspirational and empowering and are constantly searching for people who look good in purple and who make purple look good. At TERRA, we provide an opportunity to plant roots and grow a career with a colourful future.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for those who love retail and are looking for a full time, permanent position with benefits. The successful candidate will be responsible for warehousing and restocking in our Outdoor Home and Fashion and Décor Departments at our Milton retail location. This position plays a major role in the smooth and seamless operation of our very popular dry goods department, which includes a range of products, from outdoor furniture and pottery to table top décor and apparel. You will have an opportunity to demonstrate your time and space management skills, cooperation with team members, and clear and concise communication skills.
As the Receiving/Merchandising Associate you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Department Manager in carrying out departmental strategic directives primarily through the maintenance of stock
- Working cooperatively and respectfully with team members to manage the allocation of space, time, and resources
- Remaining focused on TERRA’s goal of providing our guests with an inspiring and rewarding shopping experience and serving as a role model for how to accomplish this
- Receiving merchandise from DC and local deliveries and ensuring proper documentation of the receiving and return of goods
- Monitoring sales activities to ensure sales opportunities are maximized and that customers receive excellent service and quality goods
- Fostering a positive and energetic atmosphere in the department, with peers, supervisors, and towards all aspects of the position
Successful TERRA team members possess:
- Excellent communication with all organizational levels
- Exceptional organizational skills, space and time management skills
- A solution oriented approach, a willingness to work cooperatively with team members
- Approachability, sincerity, and excellent listening skills
- Curiousity and a desire for continuous learning
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace the learning curve
- Capacity to stand and walk for long periods, lift up to 40lbs, reach above shoulder height and below waist level, crouching, kneeling, bending, and comfort learning and using equipment as needed; able to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Working knowledge/education of plant health is an asset
- Competitive, employer paid premium benefits program for you and your eligible dependents
- Guaranteed full time hours with seasonal flexibility so you can balance your work and non-work lives
- Variety of perks, incentives, and Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Individualize training and development programs
- Positive, fun, and creative work environment and community
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources email@example.com or 905-689-8665 x285.