Seasonal Receiving Associates
Our Waterdown store is looking to fill sales associate roles in our Receiving Department. You could expect about 15-25 hours per week depending on availability and need, and your schedule will be variable. These positions are perfect for someone who may already have a part time job or who is just looking for a couple of shifts per week (sorry students, these are non-student positions). Our university students are returning to school this month, so you can start now. These positions are expected to run through to mid-December depending on availability. Please note that due to the seasonal nature of our business, we aren’t able to guarantee work hours and lay off dates.
What you will be doing:
As a TERRA receiving sales associate, your primary responsibility will be to provide noteworthy customer service to all of our valued guests. Other responsibilities will include receiving and unpacking product and assisting with the “heavy jobs”. TERRA provides in-depth and continuous training so you can grow your knowledge and skill base.
- Availability to work various shifts, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Valid G licence.
- Physically capable of working in/outdoors in all weather conditions year round and with live plant material. Note that this includes working outdoors in the winter months.
- Physically capable of:
- Lifting up to 40 lbs
- Repeated movements
- Bending, crouching, kneeling repeatedly
- Capable of being on your feet for extended periods on concrete floors and in safety footwear
- We aren’t kidding about this!
- Uniform purchase required. Must have Green Patch CSA approved safety footwear.
- Must have reliable transportation as we are not accessible by public transit.
- Retail experience is preferred.
TERRA embraces diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite any and all qualified applicants. We are pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.